Monday, April 7, 2008

Feeling a little blah

As if the title wasn't enough, here's another warning. This isn't a feel-good post.

It seems my desire and creativity for blogging just don't exist anymore. I guess I'm in a waning cycle with blogging, writing, and the Internet.

Blame Chase, I guess. He is very busy, which keeps me busy. If I try to get on the computer while he is awake, he does what he can to reach the keyboard and pound away. Makes it hard to do more than get in quick snatches of reading or commenting. And I'm using the computer for other things, as well - making mothering connections, finding recipes for creative and cheap dinners, figuring out how to better manage my house ('cause I'm terribly disorganized and the house is getting downright dirty), making "green" cleansers at home, and figuring out what to do with my garden.

I try to get online when Chase is napping, as he is now. But there are other things I'd like to do when he's napping, things that are also difficult to do when he's awake. Exercise, cook, clean, knit, read. Some days, it's like I'm cramming seven or eight hours worth of stuff into two, and hoping he doesn't wake up early! Other days, I think "Oh, why bother!" and just watch Martha and the noon news.

The past couple of nights have been Not Good. They haven't been horrible, and certainly not as bad as some of my friends' regular nights with teething toddlers. But they've been Not Good by our standards. Chase has been cutting a molar for two weeks, in addition to an incisor that is still only halfway in (those two appeared within days of each other). On Saturday, I noticed he has another molar popping through. Molars are really terrible. Really. They will be so useful once they are fully in, but in the meantime? Awful.

Knock wood we are healthy, financially secure, and reasonably happy. I'd like four straight hours of sleep and some sunshine, but all in all life is good.

It just hardly seems worth blogging about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my friend, I feel your pain. altho last night I got 4 hours of sleep in a row and it ROCKED MY WORLD. :)

Jess said...

Oh Mama!

Well, I for one enjoyed your post. So yeah, it was worth blogging about! : )

I hear ya on the sleep and teething. It's the worst. But this, too, shall pass.

If I blog, it's because I'm not doing something I *should* be doing. Dishes, laundry, getting ready for the next day...

So when you figure out the organized house, let me know. I do know that I have concluded that she with the cleanest house doesn't win. She just spends a lot of time cleaning.

So nice to meet you too, I love the pictures of your beautiful family!

nicole said...

Oh geez, teething is hell. Um, cough, our standards are pretty high too. again, Teething is hell! Hugs mama friend.
Clean house? What's that? Like Jess said, If I blog/post something else isn't getting done. Or it gets done later...after the kids go to bed. Ha! but getting our thoughts down is a good thing. ;)