Thursday, February 14, 2008

One of those days

I'm having one of those days. Chase is getting new teeth, which makes him an Unhappy Boy.

At least, I think that's why he's unhappy. He was restless last night - I woke up once to find him wrong-side 'round in the bed - and woke up early. He keeps shaking his head and tugging at his ear, but he has no fever, no snotty nose, none of the things that would otherwise signify an illness. So, by default, teeth.

He was up early and now refuses to nap. When we try, he ends up climbing all over the bed, and me. I gave up. Just now he is very happily busying himself with the dog door and the curtains across the sliding glass.

I got so tired of him tugging on my hair all the time that I cut it off on Monday night. Or rather, my hairdresser did. No pictures yet, but everyone tells me it looks good. The strangest difference to me isn't the length but the color. I stopped coloring my hair when I got pregnant, and lost the last of my blonde with this cut. I have never NOT been blonde, first naturally, then highlights, then full-on artificial color. It's strange to have dark hair, but I can be satisfied at least that I have no grey hairs as yet.

Very Busy Boy is now playing one of his favorite new games - Open and Close. He's using the baby gate right now, but he often plays it with a kitchen drawer, the bathroom door, or someone's dresser.

Meanwhile, I've been knitting him a sweater for his birthday. Today, I did up the shoulder seams, and if I get a chance I'll start on the neck/collar. It gets striped sleeves to finish it up. I hope he likes it when it's done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to imagine you with dark hair!

Those sliding doors and curtains have fascinated Chase for a long time now, haven't they? textures plus cold glass plus reflections... now I sort of want to play with them too. ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the hair! :) and the sweater looks fab! hard to believe you're NEW to knitting!

Lee said...

I want to see the hair, too!! :)