Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sunny days

Chase fell asleep after music class today. This has become a routine for us due to the timing of class clashing with the usual nap time. But today I decided it was far too sunny to sit in the garage while he slept. Instead, I stopped it at home quickly to grab some magazines (that I rarely have time to read) and headed to Sellwood Riverfront Park. I sat in the parking lot with a view of the river and read my latest Sunset while Chase napped.

And then the inevitable happened - someone noisy parked next to us and Chase woke up. Instead of going home, I popped him into the Ergo and we went for a walk along the river. We also walked along the dock, and I let Chase out to crawl around. He loved it, despite the rough wood. Well, how would he not? We were practically IN the water :-)
It was so peaceful, and wonderful to be out in nature. It made me feel so ready for spring! I'm loving these sunny days.

4 comments:

Korin said...

oOOh! I'd love to meet up for a walk sometime :) We nap in the car a LOT. I try to keep a knitting project in there for those times. lol

Karen Compton said...

It's funny you say that, because I'd started to drive to Mt. Tabor that day and thought, "I wonder if Korin is home??" Then I decided it was too far if he woke up cranky.

I kept "Unconditional Parenting" in the car for ages, but I finally finished it. Time to start a knitting "car project" that I can keep in there full time!

Lee said...

That is such a beautiful picture. And sounds like a fun thing to do on a sunny day!

Panjo Kids said...

That CAN'T be Chase!!! How did he get so big? And all that hair!?! It's been WAY too long.